Norwich City’s open-top bus breaks down and stalls Premier League promotion celebration

Discussion in 'Sports News' started by StreamBot, May 8, 2019.

1. StreamBot

StreamBot Moderator

Norwich’s open-top bus broke down and stalled their promotion parade on Monday, forcing them to find a replacement.

The Canaries will be playing Premier League football next season after winning the Championship title on Sunday.

[​IMG]
    There were jubilant scenes in Norwich on Monday

The club were due to parade through the city on a personalised yellow bus with the words ‘We are Premier League’ on it.

But it became unusable and they switched to a red sightseeing tourist bus.

We may have had some slight bus issues [​IMG] #ncfc #CityParade pic.twitter.com/ulwCtSJfv7

— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) May 6, 2019

During the parade, Norwich boss Daniel Farke, who fought back tears, said: “I have no words.

“It’s really outstanding what this club and these supporters and this place has achieved during this season.

“All words are right. So world class, special, unique, extraordinary. We are all unbelievably proud.

LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS

DELETE

Barca's Twitter savagely trolled by Liverpool fans after Luis Suarez tweet backfires

'fine me!'

Jurgen Klopp describes Liverpool players as 'f****** giants' live on TV

Amazing

Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 reaction: Reds pull off incredible Champions League win

What a night

Liverpool vs Barcelona ratings: Host of heroes in Champions League miracle

HOW I DID IT

Trent Alexander-Arnold explains ‘instinctive’ corner assist against Barcelona

karma?

Robertson's brilliant message for Suarez after Liverpool's Champions League miracle

Diary date

When is the Champions League final? Full details as Liverpool book place

leader

'Never question Jordan Henderson again' - Praise pours in for Liverpool captain

INSPIRED

Football world lavishes praise on Trent Alexander-Arnold’s ‘genius’ corner assist

unbelievable

Liverpool pull off a miracle against Barcelona to reach Champions League final

“It’s more like when Stuart (Webber, the sporting director) and me signed here for Norwich.

“We said ‘Okay, the most important thing is we want to give the pride back’, and when you got the picture (on Monday at the parade), you got the feeling it was well done.”

Still, the whole affair was more successful than the Norwich bus parade the Canaries had for winning the Mr Clutch Cup in the film, Mike Bassett: England Manager!

Continue reading...