Has boxing talent went downhill?

Discussion in 'Boxing + Fighting' started by SessoP, Jan 12, 2016.

1. SessoP

SessoP New Member

It might seem like a strange question but with today's boxing scene, I'm starting to worry that boxers nowadays aren't as talented than they used to be. For example, let's compare Tyson to Fury, which is the better boxer? Do you think boxing talent has went downhill?

2. Shadow_X

Shadow_X Super Moderator

Tyson was found out when he faced boxers who came sideways on, boxers used to be scared of his power, but he faced top dogs IE lewis and holyfield they had him sussed, fury is a great boxer for his size and has a lot of variation hes a nightmare for any boxer, look at the klitschko fight, he ran out of ideas and could not handle fury

fury will reign for a long long time, sadly for tyson he is best remembered for his antics outside the ring rather than in it

3. Shadow_X

Shadow_X Super Moderator

Tyson was found out when he faced boxers who came sideways on, boxers used to be scared of his power, but he faced top dogs IE lewis and holyfield they had him sussed, fury is a great boxer for his size and has a lot of variation hes a nightmare for any boxer, look at the klitschko fight, he ran out of ideas and could not handle fury

fury will reign for a long long time, sadly for tyson he is best remembered for his antics outside the ring rather than in it

4. aLeX

aLeX New Member

You have to say though, Tyson was far better when he was at his top level. I think Fury is a top boxer but he's no where near Tyson's level when he was at his best.

5. aLeX

aLeX New Member

You have to say though, Tyson was far better when he was at his top level. I think Fury is a top boxer but he's no where near Tyson's level when he was at his best.

6. phil_warby

phil_warby New Member

Thing is tysons best years were not very long about 3 or 4 years before buster douglas knocked him out, then he went of the rails, ive never seen a boxer so sure of himself than fury is, hes cool, and confident and talks the talk, walks the walk, tyson was good for his time and fury is good for his, different eras