Flash stream issues - help!

Discussion in 'Stream Help + Support' started by LondonRob, May 16, 2019.

1. LondonRob

LondonRob New Member

hey,

i watch streams on my computer like tonights game and my pc keeps stuttering and starting and closing the stream, its a real pain in the arse, any advise guys?

2. Habib

Habib Super Moderator

This issue most of the time is connected to bandwidth from your ISP or PC issues (many apps running in background)

Step 1
    Exit from all other programs using the Internet or CPU. Click the arrow icon, found on the far right of the taskbar, to see all hidden programs.

Step 2
    Right-click each program, then select "Exit" or "Close" from the context menu.

Step 3
    Disconnect all other computers from the Internet or exit from all peer-to-peer applications running on other PCs.

Step 4
    Check the video streaming. If the stuttering continues, click "Start." Go to "Control Panel." Click "Hardware and Sound," then go to "Device Manager."

Step 5
    Expand "Display Adapters." Double-click the video driver, then check the "Device Status" field for errors. Look up the error code on Microsoft Support for instructions on how to resolve the issue, if applicable.

Step 6
    Click the "Driver" tab. Click "Update Driver" to check for new video software. If the wizard detects an update, follow the onscreen directions to upgrade the driver. Otherwise, close the wizard. Click "Uninstall" instead.

Step 7
    Restart the computer. Follow the same directions as above to exit from all inactive applications.

Step 8
    Test the video in another browser. If the stuttering doesn't occur in the other Web browser, reinstall the original browser or revert its settings to default. If the stuttering persists, go to SpeedTest.net.

Step 9
    Click "Begin Test" to determine the speed of your download and upload rate. If your download rate is less than 1 Mbps, contact your ISP to either upgrade your plan or figure out what is slowing down your Internet speeds.

You will also want to disable heavy applications running at system start up

Startup tasks
    1. In the Windows search box, type startup tasks, and press Enter.
    2. The window that opens will contain a list of applications that may start when Windows boots. To disable an app, toggle the switch to Off.

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed on your PC too!

Habs

Stinger Said Thank You
  3. Stinger

Stinger New Member

i followed this guide for my girlfriends laptop she watches flash streams, after folloing this it improved a lot

tks habib